Imagine a world where every single person had access to a basic human right – access to safe water.
The Healing Waters Ministry is on a mission to end the global water crisis. We build holistic clean water solutions and spread God’s love in at-risk communities around the world. We provide the safe water vitally necessary for communities to thrive physically, mentally, economically, socially, and spiritually.
Why Care About Safe Water?
So why do we care about safe water when it’s nearly impossible to fathom what people endure when they don’t have safe water? It’s compassion in action and springs forth from the desire to care for the oppressed because the Lord loves them. And it’s a privilege.
Caring about others having safe water means we can step outside of ourselves and consider their needs. We can simply turn on the faucet and use it as much as we desire. But, according to UNICEF and the World Health Organization (WHO), the tragic reality for 1 in 3 people globally is that they do not have access to safe drinking water.
In fact, more than 2 billion people globally drink water contaminated with feces, causing illness, death, lost wages, lost education, and many lost opportunities.
Would it surprise you to know that more people have died from unclean water in the past 100 years than any other cause? It has also claimed more lives through disease than any war through guns. So safe water is critical to survival.
Safe Water For All: Our Values
No mission can succeed without solid values supporting it. At Healing Waters, we have six core values at the root of providing safe water for all:
We are believers in Jesus and are committed to honoring Him in all we do and responding to His call to serve the poor and the suffering by bringing transformation where there is sickness, brokenness, and division.
We are committed to developing sustainable projects and solutions in all aspects of ongoing operations. We will partner with local, in-country organizations as much as possible to ensure that projects are technically and culturally appropriate and will be sustainable over time.
We commit to following Jesus’ command to be peacemakers and work to fulfilling his prayer that His followers be united as one. We wish to foster reconciliation within the church and create unity in spirit by encouraging followers of Jesus to focus on what they have in common in their faith rather than those things on which they disagree.
We commit to doing all we do with the utmost integrity. We expect and demand integrity from everyone associated with our work, from our employees and board members to our ministry partners. We want everyone with whom we work to know that they can trust us. We will do what we say we’re going to do and won’t make promises unless we believe that we can keep them.
We commit to delivering projects and solutions that are economically accessible to as many people as possible in the communities which we serve. We will provide equal access to all in the community regardless of race, beliefs, tribe, social status, or other classification. Just as Christ ministered to all people without discrimination, so will we.
We commit to being accountable to both God and man for the resources with which we are entrusted. We are accountable to our donors and partners with whom we work and strive to be transparent in all we do. We adhere to the highest industry standards by employing accepted accounting principles and regular external audits. We endeavor to keep our administrative and fundraising costs as low as possible while simultaneously providing adequate support for our mission-critical objectives. We strive to communicate with our donors through timely and consistent updates on how their funds are being used.
Our Safe Water Solution
After having a defined mission and supporting values in place, every mission needs action steps – solutions.
At Healing Waters, we do more than just provide safe water; we deliver holistic solutions that reliably provide affordable, clean, and accessible water that is sustainable by the community. To accomplish that, our mission to end the global water crisis includes three major components:
- We provide innovative, contextualized water treatment systems that bring safe drinking water to at-risk communities at radically affordable prices.
- We provide culturally-relevant programs focused on physical, emotional, and spiritual health that produce critical behavior change.
- We provide training in maintenance and water-business operations to give community leaders the knowledge to sustain safe water for generation.
What Changes When a Community Has Access to Safe Water?
Access to safe water benefits not only individuals but also entire communities. Let’s examine the positive impact clean and safe water has on a community.
- Future generations are protected by sustainable development. Sustainable development means that the people’s needs are met now without depleting resources for future generations.
- It improves socio-economic development. A community can’t escape poverty without access to safe water because it improves agriculture, food quality, and health. It allows children to attend school rather than collect water for several hours every day to learn other skills that benefit society.
- Improved energy and food production. Clean water, energy, and food production are intricately linked. When communities have access to clean water for energy and food production, they no longer have to irrigate crops with untreated wastewater, leading to water-borne diseases.
- Improved health and survival. Safe water prevents infectious diseases and deaths because people will no longer have to drink contaminated water, bathe in it, or eat food irrigated with it.
- Ecosystems become healthier. Each part of the ecosystem is integral and necessary to promote the ecosystem’s health, productivity, and sustainability. And it becomes overall healthier as clean water improves elements of the ecosystem that impact one another.
Join Our Mission To Provide Safe Water for All
We at Healing Waters are grateful for your heart that cares about the 2.2 billion people who still don’t have access to safe water. Contact us today if you would like to learn more and get involved in our mission to end the global water crisis with safe water for all.
We’re on a mission to end the global water crisis. We build holistic clean water solutions and spread God’s love in at-risk communities around the world, empowering people not just to survive, but to thrive – physically, socially and spiritually.